1/3/11

Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers!!

Happy New Year everyone!!! I hope everyone is getting back into a normal routine after the holiday season!! I know this family sure is trying!! It feels like i've been on vacation forever so we haven't quite gotten down to the swing of things just yet. I go back to work tomorrow and am kind of looking forward to getting back in the norm of things!
I am excited about 2011! I've made a few new years resolutions!! Mainly just to get our family on a better schedule, and keep the house more picked up! Oh and maybe loose a few pounds!!
Some of the blogs I follow are doing reviews of 2010! I don't think I will show you every step we took in '10 but I will tell you that is was full of firsts for Miss Rylen and i'm happy to have all of the memories!
Yesterday while Rylen was spending time with her father I didn't have much to do so I just got to piddle around the house!! Sometimes when I don't have anything to do my mind starts to wonder! I am not really a Garth Brookes fan but a phrase from one of his songs popped into my head "Sometimes I Thank God for Unanswered prayers" I think this song is the theme song for my review of 2010!!!!
2010 was a rocky roller coaster of a year for me!! I prayed so so so hard for someone to love me that just wasn't going to. I felt like I needed to change myself for someone to make them love me and except me. I prayed so hard for these things and put myself on a roller coaster of a ride for someone that already had their mind made up that I just wasn't good enough. Don't get me wrong 2010 was full of great things but this one person had put me in such a tizzy sometimes I didn't get to appreciate fully all that was right in my life!! So all of those prayers that I thought were going unanswered was really just god trying to tell me to "chill out" i've got everything under control, and I have bigger and OH SO MUCH better things planned for you my child!!
Weeping may last throught the night, but JOY comes with the morning. Pslams 30:5

So for me 2011 is about following God's plan for me, and not trying to make one for myself. When I finally pulled my head out of my rear end I found Cooper!! Watching the way he loves Rylen and I makes my heart OH SO HAPPY and I couldn't imagine my life any other way!!!

Good luck to everyone on there 2011 ventures!! May it be full of wonderful memories!!!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this Jackie! I hope 2011 is a great year for you and full of God's love and blessings! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremiah 29:11 - 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'

    ReplyDelete